We are investing in the next generation of corporate farmer; graduates who can help us on our journey as Australia’s leading corporate grain farmer.
We are determined to develop the next generation of industry leader.
Applications have now closed for the 2023 Program.
The 2024 program will open in June/July 2023.
An overview of the Graduate Program
If you have a passion for farming and are looking for a graduate role, then this program provides an exciting opportunity.
To provide university graduates with hands-on experience and professional development within Lawson Grains through a structured two-year program. The graduate program consists of five separate modules over a 12-month period, followed by a further 12-month placement at one of our properties.
- First-year placement will be on a rotational basis, gaining experience across four separate properties in NSW and Western Australia, plus two months’ work experience at our Albury office.
- Each module is designed to allow completion of specific operations and covers peak periods, e.g., seeding, in-crop applications, harvest, summer crop planting and corporate administration.
- Second-year placement is at one property at the discretion of Lawson Grains.
- An experienced farm manager will be assigned as a mentor for the duration of the graduate’s placement.
- The graduate would be highly regarded for any permanent positions that become available during or at the completion of the final year.
- This is a paid position with accommodation (sometimes shared) available on farm and Lawson Grains will cover the cost of relocation around the business during the entire program.
Graduate Profile and Selection Criteria
- Be in their final year of studies at an accredited Australian university, studying at a Bachelor level or higher in Agricultural Science, Farm Management or Agribusiness
- Be honest and enthusiastic, displaying a thirst for knowledge and commitment to furthering their career
- Be an Australian Citizen or permanent resident
- Have a passion for agriculture and is in it for the long haul
- Be able to start in January 2023
- Hold a current driver’s licence
Benefits to Graduates
- Get exposure to, and experience within, Australia’s leading Corporate grain farmer
- Gain knowledge from, and work with, some of the industry’s leading farmers
- Gain practical experience to add to your theoretical learning
- Get an understanding of how a large Agricultural business operates
- Get paid while learning
- Contribute to worthwhile and meaningful projects
- Have opportunities for ongoing permanent work as well as a career in broadacre farming
We are intent on nurturing young careers.
If this sounds like you, then please go to our current opportunities page on the website to apply for this exciting role.