If you have a passion for farming and are looking for a graduate role, then this program provides an exciting opportunity.
To provide University graduates hands on experience and professional development within Lawson Grains through a structured 2 Year program. The graduate program consists of 5 separate modules over a 12-month period, followed by a further 12-month placement at one farm aggregation.
- 1st year placement will be on a rotational basis, gaining experience across four separate farm aggregations in NSW and Western Australia, plus 2 months’ work experience at our Albury office.
- Each module is designed to allow completion of specific operations and covers peak periods. For example, seeding, in-crop applications, harvest, summer crop planting and corporate administration.
- 2nd year placement at one farm aggregation at the discretion of Lawson Grains.
- An experienced Farm Manager will be assigned as a mentor for the duration of the graduate’s placement.
- The graduate would be highly regarded for any permanent positions that become available during or at the completion of the final year.
- This is a paid position with accommodation (sometimes shared) available on farm and Lawson Grains will cover the cost of relocation around the business during the entire program.
Graduate Profile and Selection Criteria
- The graduate must be in their final year of studies in an accredited Australian University, studying at a Bachelor level or higher in Ag Science, Farm Management or Agribusiness.
- Is honest and enthusiastic, displays a thirst for knowledge and commitment to furthering their career.
- Must be an Australian Citizen or permanent resident.
- Have a passion for agriculture and is in it for the long haul.
- Must be able to start in January 2020.
- Holds a current drivers licence.
Benefits to Graduates
- Exposure to Australia’s leading Corporate grain farmer.
- Gain knowledge from and work with some of the Industry’s leading farmers.
- Gain practical experience to add to your theoretical learning.
- Get an understanding of how a large Agricultural business operates.
- Get paid while learning.
- Contribute to worthwhile and meaningful projects.
- Opportunity for ongoing permanent work as well as a career in broad acre farming.
To apply for this role, please apply here, you will need a covering letter, a current resume outlining community and extra-curricular activities and a recent copy of your academic transcript.
If you would like more information on this opportunity, feel free to contact Nick Ennis 0428 422 954.