Please note, applications for the 2021 Graduate Program has now closed. We have left the Program information available on the website for those that are interested in subsequent Programs.
If you have a passion for farming and are looking for a graduate role, then this program provides an exciting opportunity.
To provide University graduates hands-on experience and professional development within Lawson Grains through a structured 2 Year program. The graduate program consists of 5 separate modules over a 12-month period, followed by a further 12-month placement at one farm aggregation.
- 1st year placement will be on a rotational basis, gaining experience across four separate farm aggregations in NSW and Western Australia, plus 2 months’ work experience at our Albury office.
- Each module is designed to allow completion of specific operations and covers peak periods. For example, seeding, in-crop applications, harvest, summer crop planting and corporate administration.
- 2nd year placement at one farm aggregation at the discretion of Lawson Grains.
- An experienced Farm Manager will be assigned as a mentor for the duration of the graduate’s placement.
- The graduate would be highly regarded for any permanent positions that become available during or at the completion of the final year.
- This is a paid position with accommodation (sometimes shared) available on farm and Lawson Grains will cover the cost of relocation around the business during the entire program.
Graduate Profile and Selection Criteria
- The graduate must be in their final year of studies in an accredited Australian University, studying at a Bachelor level or higher in Ag Science, Farm Management or Agribusiness.
- Is honest and enthusiastic, displays a thirst for knowledge and commitment to furthering their career.
- Must be an Australian Citizen or permanent resident.
- Have a passion for agriculture and is in it for the long haul.
- Must be able to start in January 2021.
- Holds a current drivers licence.
Benefits to Graduates
- Exposure to Australia’s leading Corporate grain farmer.
- Gain knowledge from and work with some of the Industry’s leading farmers.
- Gain practical experience to add to your theoretical learning.
- Get an understanding of how a large Agricultural business operates.
- Get paid while learning.
- Contribute to worthwhile and meaningful projects.
- Opportunity for ongoing permanent work as well as a career in broad acre farming.